Thursday, July 16, 2009

Curly and The Half Blood Prince...


So, we made it to the big time... sort of...


We bought our tickets last month... the day they went on sale.

We then thought of who to dress up as... two years ago Carly dressed as Tonks so the obvious character for me was Lupin. I had a giant fro going already so I just put off shaving for a few days and voila... There was a little makeup involved too.



Then was the Harry Potter Potter on campus at BYU... the zoobies were out in their Potter paraphernalia. The article above mentions it... As you can see, Carly and I made the Daily Herald with our dashing costumes.

We arrived at the theater two hours early and barely got reasonable seats together. All 15, yes, fifteen theaters were sold out for the midnight, and 3 am shows!

The movie was good. Very good. I personally like it the most out of the other movies so far. It was artistically approached and there were some very nice moments. The teenie bopper love was like an inocent backdrop to the stark, and dark, subject matter. (unlike the fourth movie that dwelt on this at the cost of else) The role of Horace was spectacularly cast and supperbly acted. Snape was a bit minimized. The end was rushed, a bit forced, and a slight blight to the overall movie. There was a lot cut out and the cut/altered material could be argued pro or con. I personally thought it was great--and of course, not as good as the book :). Carly will have to give you here personal review.

After the show we had a nice drive home and a good sleep--filled with dreams of witches, wizards, and wands.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Curtis, it's Alanna. I didn't know you had a blog! So I am now following it. Check mine out. :) Oh, and GREAT costumes. You can find my thoughts on HP on my blog.

    ReplyDelete